Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney in Temecula
Helping You Resolve Your Debts
If you are faced with overwhelming debt, you may be considering filing for bankruptcy. For many, the thought of bankruptcy is a last resort, and it is often put off for too long. Filing for bankruptcy should not be stressful, however. At Law Office of Neda Aguirre, APC in Temecula, our experienced attorney will guide you through the process of filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, so you can reset your finances and pursue a brighter financial future.
Reach out to our law office in Temecula today at (951) 977-4904 to set up a consultation with our attorney and discuss the details of your case.
Do I Qualify for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Not everyone qualifies for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. There are several requirements you must meet in order to qualify. If you do not qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you may be able to file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy instead.
Below are some of the requirements you must meet for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- You will have to complete a group credit counseling course from an approved credit counseling agency 180 days before you file for bankruptcy
- You did not file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy within the past 8 years
- You did not file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy within the past 6 years
- Your average monthly income within the previous 6 months must be less than the median income for a similar household in your state or you must pass the means test
Which Debts Are Dischargeable in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Not all debts are dischargeable in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, so it is crucial to know if pursuing this path will successfully address your needs and goals.
Below are some of the debts that you may discharge in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Child support
- Student loans
- Alimony or spousal support
- Court fees and penalties
- Certain tax debts
- Homeowners association fees
- Unsecured debts you purposely omitted from your filing
- Personal injury debts due to an accident in which you were intoxicated
It is also possible for your creditor to object and prevent certain debts from being discharged, such as debts incurred from luxury goods or cash advances.
Reach Out to Our Law Office for the Skilled Legal Advice You Need
Dealing with insurmountable debts can be stressful and overwhelming. You can begin the process of wiping the slate clean by filing for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. At Law Office of Neda Aguirre, APC in Temecula, our attorney can help guide you through it, so you can start fresh.
Call our law office today at (951) 977-4904 to set up a consultation with our knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney and learn more about what we can do for you.
Results You Can Count On
We will work tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for your case.
We are dedicated to providing personalized attention to each and every client.
Free 30-Minute Consultation
Don't wait, contact our firm to schedule your free consultation today.
We create tailored strategies based on the specific needs of our clients.